Duke Power Company 

Other Electric Providers:

Natural Gas

Piedmont Natural Gas Company, Inc.

210 Charlois Blvd.
Winston-Salem, N.C. 27103

  • 24-hour Customer Information Center:
  • Deposit required and varies depending on type of service and anticipated usage.


Suburban Propane

3100 N Liberty Street
Winston Salem, NC 27105-4107

Water & Sewer

Winston-Salem Forsyth County 

City / County Utilities
City Hall Building
Main Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101

Other Providers of Water & Sewer Services:

Telephone & DSL Internet Services

Local telephone service is primarily provided by Bell South. Other telephone companies do operate in the local market.

  • Alltel – www.alltel.com
  • BellSouth – www.bellsouth.com
  • Windstream – www.windstream.com
  • Sprint – www.sprint.com
  • AT&T– www.att.com
  • Spectrum – www.spectrum.com
  • Cable TV & Internet Services
    The primary cable television provider is Time Warner Cable. The following offices provide service:
    • 1410 Trade Mart Blvd., Winston-Salem, NC 27127
      Office Hours-8:00am-6:00pm Monday-Friday/9:00am-1:00pm Saturday
      Customer Service: 785-3390
      (8:00am-6:00pm Monday-Friday/9:00am-1:00pm Saturday).
    • 144 N. Cherry St., Kernersville, NC
      Office Hours-8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday
    • 118 East State Ave., High Point, NC 27262
      Office Hours-8:00am-6:00pm Monday-Friday/10:00am-4:00pm Saturday Customer Service: 886-4195
      (8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday/10:00am-4:00pm Saturday)
      Repair Service: 886-5100 (24-hours a day)

Garbage Collection

Winston-Salem Sanitation Division

City Hall Building
Main Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101

  • Customer Service:
  • All garbage and household trash should be stored in metal or plastic containers which have tight fitting lids and two handles. The maximum number of containers city crews will empty are three (3) 32-gallon cans or four (4) 20-gallon cans or one (1) 96 gallon roll-out container. Garbage is collected from the backyard of a residence once a week.
  • Dead animal removal. 336-727-2638. The city provides dead animal collection Monday through Friday from 8am to 2pm and on Saturdays from 8am to 12 noon.
  • If your home is outside the city limits you will have to contact a private trash collection service.

Driver License Offices


  • Moving Within North Carolina: Drivers must notify the DMV of all address changes within 60 days after the change occurs. You must visit a driver license office within the time period to obtain a duplicate license reflecting your new address.

Offices that issue Driver Licenses include the following:

Vehicle Registration

N. C. Dept. of Motor Vehicles
1100 New Bern Ave.
Raleigh, N.C. 27699

Offices that issue Vehicle Registration include the following: